Our Safety Measures
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our surgery.
Our practice follows infection control guidelines produced by multiple governing bodies. In light of the current situation we have ensured that our infection control procedures are stringent and adhere to recommendations.
At Pearl Dental Care, we pride ourselves on our levels of high-quality care and unparalleled expertise. Building on this existing foundation, we have incorporated protective screens in reception, wider use of disposable PPE during treatments, and higher frequency practice cleaning post treatment and throughout the practice as a response to COVID19.
Please be rest assured that we will not be compromising on the safety of our staff or patients, therefore in addition to the strict protocols issued to us by the health care authorities, our practice has also:
- Installed an air purification unit in the reception waiting area. The unit has been proven and tested to remove 99.9999% of all respiratory viruses and bacteria and uses Radic8 Virus Killer Technology TM
- We have introduced the concept of “fogging” in all dental surgeries and hygienist room. This process involves using a fine mist of a powerful antiviral/antibacterial disinfectant which is sprayed into the air and covers surfaces.
- We have installed high power air extraction units in all dental surgeries and hygienist room. These units remove aerosols and particles from the room which is then replaced with “new” fresh air, thereby ensuring the safety of the next patient that enters the room.
To ensure a safe environment we are screening all patients that attend and updating medical history information prior to the appointment so that we can provide the best possible care.
Please note: we have implemented a new process whereby we will be sending out each patient a text message appointment reminder which includes a link to a confidential and secure portal to update your medical history and fill out a COVID questionnaire, which can be done in the comfort of your own home.
We have implemented this new feature to minimise time spent at the surgery, ensure a contactless process and adhere to NHS England guidelines.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have implemented these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We will be providing phased treatments. Any patients with urgent dental problems will be dealt with as a priority.
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions relating to COVID-19 and your medical history. You will be asked those same questions again at your appointment.
- All appointments must be pre-booked
- Appointments will be managed to allow social distancing between patients. This may mean that you are offered fewer options in scheduling your appointment.
- We have hand sanitiser at multiple locations within the practice and we will ask you to use this when you enter and leave the practice.
- We no longer offer magazines or leaflets since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
We will allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as reducing the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. How you can help:
- All patients to attend their appointments alone, where possible.
- Children to attend with one parent or guardian only.
- A safe distance must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice reception area (floor markings will be present).
- Payment should made card where possible
- Please do not arrive early to the practice.
- Please do not arrive without a pre-arranged appointment.
- Patients should come wearing a mask if possible or be prepared to wear one.
- Please kindly bring your own protective eyewear (sunglasses or normal spectacles) if you have them.
We would like to thank you all and are humbled by your support and patience during this difficult time and look forward to welcoming you back to our practice.
Should you have any queries please call the practice on 020 8907 3440.